Saturday, October 30, 2010

American Energy

I wish we Canadians could import some American energy. I do not mean oil, gas ,or coal. I am referring to the "people energy" that electrifies that country on a regular basis.

It is the week-end before the November mid-term elections and the folks down there are engaged. Rallies are taking place all over the country, whether it is the "Rally to Restore Sanity" organized by America's "most influential" man, Jon Stewart and his comic pal Stephen Colbert, or the Tea Party Express RV Tours (which some - not me - might call Rallies to Create Insanity). The media are all over these happenings, and the blogs are bursting with stuff.

Yes, Canada is a great place to live (aside from the horrible weather), and I do not plan to leave, even if the Americans would let me in. The USA, as they say, is a great place to visit, but would you really want to live there? So I am staying put, and will survive the monotony of on-going political dead-lock and periodic visits from the Royals. But that does not mean I cannot enjoy the southern excitement and pretend I am part of it all. So while many of you might be sitting on the edges of your seats waiting for the Grey Cup (in Edmonton, in November, outdoors!), or for the arrival of the Great Pumpkin, I cannot wait until Tuesday, November 2. I will be glued to the television set.

No comments:

Post a Comment