Tuesday, November 30, 2010

WikiLeaks and Canada

As far as I can tell, no-one in the world is gossiping about us. At least not much.

So what! It doesn't mean they don't care about us (does it?). It certainly does not mean that we are not important. I am sure we are on their minds now and then.. I am sure of it. At least I think we are. Aren't we?

Oh, wait! There is something. Secret cables will suggest that people think we have an inferiority complex! Ha! I told you. WE are IMPORTANT! (aren't we?)

And so what if we have an "Alice in Wonderland" view of the world! I love Alice in Wonderland. And I am sure most Canadians far prefer the Mad Hatters tea party to the Americans' current tea party.

So get out there Canadians and paint the roses red. Well not now of course. Its winter. But when Spring comes to Edmonton in mid-June, I will be out there with my paint can.

3 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel better, the New York Times had a big piece the other week about how friendly Manitoba is. So.. that's something, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And I am sure most Canadians far prefer the Mad Hatters tea party to the Americans' current tea party."

    I know I do. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And today the NY Times features on the front page the very cables about our 'chip on the shoulder' that you noted-- http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/02/world/americas/02wikileaks-canada.html?hp

    We've made it! They've noticed that we feel inferior! Isn't that great? (Actually, when you read the cables, the U.S. diplomates themselves seem a little touchy about how we view them).

    ReplyDelete